Monday, March 8, 2010

MEPS: My Birthday Present from the Corps

This upcoming Monday is my birthday. It just so happens that that is the day I will be taking my ASVAB then spending the night and heading to MEPS the next day.

My initial reaction was to be a little bummed that I'm going to be spending my birthday away from my family but, ever the beaming optimist, I chose to see my first night in my own hotel room since I can remember as the greatest birthday present myself and the Marine Corps could do for me.

A free hotel room with my own bed, complete control over the remote (even though I'll be going to bed early), no diapers to change, dishes to be done, laundry to fold, floors to sweep... nothing.

I'm pretty sure a long bath is in order and an early bedtime all by myself in, hopefully, a king size bed.

Sure, I have to get up at 0400 the next morning to head to MEPS but I think it's safe to say I will welcome a full night to myself.

Yep, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment