Friday, May 14, 2010

Electrician?

If able to choose my MOS (or job) from every available MOS in the US Marine Corps, electrician would not be my first pick but I don't think it would be my last either.

To get me sworn in and the ball rolling they had to give me something and put me somewhere and as of right now I'm slated to be an 1141, electrician.

Upon seeing this I made that curious little, "huh" sound one makes when they are surprised but not unpleasantly so.

As I said before, I wanted an MOS that could translate into a civilian work force and something that I could fall back on if I needed to do so. I don't think I would have picked being an electrician if given the opportunity but seeing it made me start to think about it.

An electrician is a good job skill to have. Lord knows our whole house could use some serious rewiring and it's not as though I'll ever be in a place that doesn't have or want electricity.

I've also always been curious about electricity and find the field to be fascinating. It was with the help of my husband and his understanding of electrical properties, circuits, etc, that got me a good enough score on the ASVAB to even allow me the opportunity to become an electrician so I'm not going to write it off just yet.

I've decided I will go back and look at what else is available for me and see if there is anything I think I would like better but if all I have available to me when I leave is electrician, 1141, then I think I'll go ahead and take it and see where it leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment