Thursday, December 10, 2009

Still Pushy

I understand that recruiters have a job to do. I understand it is a
frustrating and often thankless job with long hours and stupid kids. I
also understand that quota must be met. I even understand that it is
their job to push and try to get potential recruits shipped out as
soon as possible.

However, I don't understand the idea behind sounding shocked every
time I tell my recruiter the exact same thing I've been telling him
from day one.

Every time he calls, expecting me to go to MEPS and ship out in a
month for Boot Camp and every time I tell him that I'm waiting until
later in the year he makes it sound like I'm telling him for the first
time while kicking his dog.

He's a good guy. I like him as a person. I think in a civilian sense
we would have been friends. I just don't think that recruiting was his
life's calling.

Tomorrow my husband and I are going to meet with him and his boss to
discuss what reservations we have about my enlisting now versus later.

Child care, MOS selection, drilling station selection are at the top
of my list at the moment. Here's hoping we can get some solid answers.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment